The term ‘FSE’, ‘Fish.SleepEat’ , ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 30 South Main, Oconomowoc, WI. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You acknowledge and agree that any Content or other material contained or distributed on or through the Site, by FSE, its advertisers or other third parties, is protected by trademarks, service marks, patents, copyrights, or other proprietary rights and laws. You may not use or distribute any Content received through the Site without the authorization of the Content owner. You agree not to publish, reproduce, copy, in whole or in part, nor upload, download, post, email, sell, or otherwise distribute Content available through the Site, in violation of applicable copyright and other intellectual property laws.
- FSE respects the intellectual property rights of others. We ask our users to do the same. FishSleepEat may terminate the Content of users who appear to infringe the copyright or other intellectual property rights of others.
- If you believe that your Content has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright and/or trademark infringement, please notify FSE’s Copyright Agent at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the state of Wisconsin and the United States of America.
While we are a retailer, we realize we do not currently sell all the products an avid angler will need. Therefore, we provide roundup reviews of products that we think our readers might enjoy or need that contain products we currently do not sell. This always involves independently researching the products on the market and speaking with fishing experts for their opinions or first-hand experience with the item. All of our writers are told to imagine that they are researching products for a close friend or family member – and keep that thought in mind throughout the process.
When we hire independent writers, we look for writers that are experts with the products being reviewed. If one of our staff writers has experience, we will sometimes allow another writer to do the initial work and have the staff expert critique and edit the final work.
Our writers are tasked with coming up with objective product characteristics for the entire category – and then judge the individual products on how they stack up versus one another. Writers are only allowed to use price for purposes of relative value – we do not allow our writers to know the amount of how much of a commission FSE makes off any particular product. Their job is to help you, the reader, pick the best fishing product for your needs.
As much as is fiscally feasible, we will try to acquire actual physical products to give our hands-on experience to our readers. If we purchase the item ourselves to review, we will mention it in the review. While it has not happened yet, if we were offered a review product for free, we will mention it in the article.
FishSleepEat will receive a small commission (at no cost to you) for purchases by users following our links. These payments (along with sales of our products and advertising) allow us to continue to provide high-quality free content to you, our readers. We will post a small disclaimer on each page where we may generate a commission to give you a heads up. It will read something like the following:
FishSleepEat is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. We also participate in other affiliate programs (such as WalMart) where we earn a fee when you purchase a product through our links. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Walmart and the Walmart logo are trademarks of Walmart, Inc. or its affiliates.
To be clear, we only recommend products to you that we would recommend to our family and friends – but in case you think the small payments influence our decisions, we want you to know. We are looking to move to stocking and selling the majority of the products we recommend in the future.